Tuesday 6 December 2011

African Animals

Over the last month or so I have spent most of the time in major South African cities, therefore I have not really had a chance to interact with a lot of wildlife, which is something I have missed.  Although, this weekend I visited one of Anna’s family’s farms, which was good to get back into the low veldt again.  I really miss it!  So for all you animal lovers out there, here are some archive snapshots of animals in Kruger NP:

A young Kudu buck.
The young Kudu buck again.

Kudu does from the same herd.

Kudu doe.

Impala buck.

Duiker buck.  These animals are extremely small, about the size of a small dog and very shy.  I think this one may have been sick, given how close we got to it, and the number of flies on it, which is unusual.

A herd of Impala.  Note how the dominant buck puts himself between the herd and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment