Monday 22 August 2011

Are Zebras White With Black Stripes, or Black With White Stripes?

Sorry for the break in tansmission, but my internet has been down for a few days.  Here is a post I prepared earlier!

The age old question, are zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes?  I have had time to ponder this since I have been here, and I now have the answer to this conundrum.  It is an objective Australian view and is not rooted in South Africa’s apartheid past, or its current ‘Rainbow Nation’ focus.
As I have been typing this I have realised that while I see zebras two plus times a day, I actually don’t have a lot of photos.  I will have to rectify that over the next few days, so watch this space for zebras.
Anyway, back on track.  Black or white?  Have a look at the photos below and make your own decision.

'Sugar' a rescued zebra who hangs around Louise's house.
Some more zebras in the bush.  Look closely at the rumps (may need to zoom photo).

Clear shot of the zebra's stripes.

I think it is pretty obvious that they are white with black stripes, because if you look closely you can see the overspray on the white where they were not properly masked when the black stripes were spray painted on!  True, have a close look again.
Anyway, better go it’s my day for cooking today and as we are late in the month meat is getting short.  So I am doing ‘chicken-a-la-range’, like duck-a-la-range, but with our last 7 chicken pieces.  Maybe on a bed of basmati rice, with fresh (frozen) sautéed garden vegetables on the side.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely zebra photo's, they are a very photogenic animal with quite regal heads. Love them! Dinner sounds pretty good!....Stay safe...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete