Thursday 8 September 2011

Australia’s Next Top Model

Well I have another career change!  I think I may enter Australia’s (or South Africa’s) Next Top Model.  The others were doing a run to pick up some cow carcases from a nearby abattoir for the lions, cheetahs and wild dogs and I had remained behind to do some work on the computer.  We had a professional photographer staying at Savannah Camp taking photos for the SanWild website and brochures when she arrived to do some shots of Bukisa Camp.  Needing a human element (I was the only person here!) for some of the photos I was promptly drafted.  When I questioned why she wanted a fat middle aged man in the photos, the reply was “because those are the ones that have money”.  Obviously picked the wrong person here.  This wouldn’t be too bad I thought at first, but after three changes of clothes and a refreshing swim in the pool (unheated in the middle of winter), I thought this is not like the Dire Straits song Money for Nothing.  I have a whole new respect for models now.  Anyway I told Louise she owes me big time for this one, maybe a nice three course meal at Savannah Camp.  We Anti Poaching Rangers are multi talented.

The team being photographed for propoganda public relations purposes.

Australia's next top model sunning by the pool (it was mid winter and freezing).

Drinking orange juice and eating cheese.

Pretending to look at the view from one of the guest tents.

Supposedly 'Enjoying a cup of coffee on the verandah of our tent' as guests.  The lady in green is the photographer and this was taken with time delay. 

1 comment:

  1. "Those are the ones that have money." - I had a good chuckle at that.

    You don't look very relaxed, reading by the pool. Otherwise, great photos!

    Talk soon,
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete