Thursday 15 September 2011

Helpful People and my New Car

I have had a very busy day organising finance transfer from Australia for the new car and sourcing some accessories for it.  In this day and age t is often difficult to find people who are willing to go that extra distance to help you out.  However today was one of those days!  Without mentioning names because I haven’t asked them if they mind being ‘posted’, it started with an exceptionally helpful bank officer from the Casuarina NAB, who stayed back a bit after hours and provided me with scanned and e-mailed copies of the documents I needed to complete.  He also filled in an example, with some humorous comments to ensure that I got right the first time to make sure it would happen quickly.  Then there was the wonderful staff at Hotel@Tzaneen who printed documents and scanned others for me etc to allow me to be able to e-mail everything back in a timely manner (even if the maid did ask me what language I was speaking because she wouldn’t believe it was English!).  Finally the used car salesman put me in touch with his ‘mates’ who could manufacture all of the ‘extras’ I wanted (bull bar, canopy etc) at a bargain basement price.  Just one of those days that makes a stranger overseas feel really good.
If anyone is travelling through Tzaneen then I can recommend Hotel@Tzaneen as a reasonably priced but very nice place to stay.  It is not a resort and doesn’t have any of those fancy trappings (ie a day spa etc) but it is very clean, comfortable, practical and the staff are wonderful.  Have a look at the room photos below:
My room, a standard 'studio room' at Hotel@Tzaneen.  Very Comfortable.

The fully functional kitchen in each room complete with crockery, cutlery and pots and pans.  It even has a full size stove.  So you can self cater if you are on a budget.

Finally, the new car as it stands at the moment.  I am asking everyone’s suggestions for a nick name for her (?).  I was thinking of ‘Lightening’ as short for white lightening, being a sarcastic reference to massive speed produced by the 2.8 l diesel engine?
The mighty Hilux!

Gotta love those mag wheels!  I wonder if they will help 'pull the chicks'.

Her streamlined 'back end'.

2 comments: