Wednesday 14 September 2011

A Full on Day

I finished packing, said my goodbyes to Louise and some of the other staff this morning and the Anti Poaching Team gave me a lift into Tzaneen.  Before we went to lunch we were running an errand for Louise at the Mahindra (an Indian car make) dealer.  While Barend was inside I wandered into the used car lot next door to browse around, and immediately spotted the car I was after!  It is an early 1990s diesel hilux bakkie (ute), which looks like an absolute piece of junk, and I absolutely love it.  It is dirt cheap, mechanically sound and comes with 12 months registration.  So I bought it!  It is the same model that Top Gear tried and failed to destroy.
I go back tomorrow to finalise paperwork and arrange a money transfer from Australia.  I will then take some photos and post them.  Other than that all is well and I will be in Tzaneen for a week or so to ‘fit out’ the car and organise myself, with a few day trips around.

No comments:

Post a Comment