Sunday 25 September 2011

Good News/Bad News

The good news is that the international money transfer came through finally on Friday. The problem was that the ABSA Bank computers had been down for a few days then it took them another day to sort the backlog out.  So I have my new car!  However, after driving about 20 km the clutch started giving a high pitched squeal.  My initial thought was worn fingers on the plate or the release bearing, however when I took it back to the dealer he said that it had a brand new clutch kit in it.  So my thoughts are that they didn’t install something correctly.  Anyway the dealer will have it fixed free of charge but nothing can happen until Monday.  Therefore I am still stuck in Tzaneen for the near future.  I am also waiting for a security cage, which will also be my tent, to be fitted next week.  Hopefully I will be out of Tzaneen by mid week.
Other than that nothing really to report.  I am spending a lot of time exploring Tzaneen (which is only slightly bigger than Deloraine), drinking a lot of coffee and people watching.  I am starting to go a bit stir crazy.  At least its an opportunity to watch some of the Rugby World Cup games.

1 comment:

  1. At least it won't be long now. I hope that it gets sorted properly.

    Stay safe..........Lots of love

    ReplyDelete