Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Best Weekend

I came to Africa for many reasons, fully expecting to fall in love with the continent and its people, however given my relationship history, I never expected to fall in love with an individual again.  Well, last week at Mapungubwe while on the heritage tour (there were only three people), I met an extremely attractive young lady, named Anna who after the tour asked me if I would like to come to her niece’s wedding in Polokwane on the weekend and after about .3 of a millisecond I said yes!  We met up for a meal and drinks on Fri night which became the start of what was the best weekend that I can remember having.  Anna’s niece’s wedding was absolutely amazing.  The bride was of mixed black and white African background with the groom being Indian background, therefore the day was an amazing mixture of black African, white African and Indian traditions.  It was a perfect example of the modern South Africa.  Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me on the night, so I will obtain some pictures from friends and post them in the future.  There was a recovery braii (what South Africans call a BBQ, because BBQ is the flavour of a chip/crisp) the next day, at which I continued to meet Anna’s family who have welcomed me with open arms (however I don’t think they realise how serious we are about each other yet?).  Both Anna and I feel the same way about each other and will get to know each other better in the near future, therefore I daresay she will be appearing in the blog more!
The only picture of Anna and I that I have so far, taken with Anna's phone.  It was taken very late at night, so we are not at our best.

2 comments:

  1. I think you both look pretty good & certainly happy despite the time of the night.

    Stay Safe....Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Carpe diem.

    Love,
    Karen.

    ReplyDelete