Friday 14 October 2011

Tickled!

I set up this blog when I went to South Africa as a way of updating family and friends in Australia on my work and travels, without having to resort to individual e-mails (I am essentially a lazy person).  However, I have been tickled by how many people from all different countries around the world have been viewing it, I guess I am averaging about 70 hits a week from all around the world, which I think is absolutely fantastic.  I seem to get spikes at certain times in certain countries, so obviously people are letting their friends know when they discover me! The last week’s stats on views for the blog are: USA 27, South Africa 21, Australia 20, Russia 5, Germany 3, Portugal 2, Slovenia 2, Uruguay 2, UK 1 and Japan 1.
I don’t even know people in some of these countries, although I have met people from all of them in my travels and they have been ALL very nice (the Slovenian lady who happened to see Ms Dig’s and my now defunct wedding (but we are still very good friends) in Kakadu NP and who gave us a heart shaped rock she had carried all the way around the world from Slovenia springs to mind).   The bottom line is you are all welcome, especially if you find some interest or enjoyment in my ramblings.  Please feel free to post any comments, suggestions or requests as I love hearing from people from all around this wonderful world.  The photos that I post (from my little instamatic!) are only a small percentage of the photos that I take, so if you want me to post some more on a specific subject (or animal) then please ask.  Once again this is my lazy side as it means I don’t have to think about my next post!
Once again, this South African red wine is pretty good.  I have a personal standard of not drinking by myself, so I figure if I am on the internet to 70 odd people around the world, then I am not really drinking by myself.  Any justification!  Please forgive my drunken ramblings, but they are heartfelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment