Monday 10 October 2011

Kruger Animals Part 2

Well done Wallabies! 
Australians are not the flavour of the month in South Africa at the moment.  I got up early as the match was on at 0600 hr local time and basically spent the day watching the Rugby quarter finals and celebrating.  The last three Rugby World Cups I have been either overseas or in Arnhemland (2007), so each one has been a fairly unique experience for me trying to follow the games.
I am leaving Phalaborwa today after doing the central section of Kruger NP and heading back to Tzaneen for a few days.  I am getting someone to make up a security cage for the back of the bakkie, so I don’t have to worry about my stuff when I am away from the car.  Once I get a cover, it will also double as my bedroom.   Anyway, I will do the northern and southern parts of Kruger NP separately over the next few weeks.  Here are a few more photos from the other day:
A Chacma Baboon, part of a troop which crossed the road in front of me.

A Kudu 'buck'.  For those that have been following my blog for a while you will remember that I have been trying to get a good shot of these flighty animals for a while.  They are fairly large, about cow sized in height.

I was crossing a concrete causeway with a few inches of water on it when I stopped to look at a couple of turtles swimming.  Once I had stopped about 20 of them started making a beeline straight towards me.

A zebra's bum.

One of the ever present Vervet Monkeys.

The 'head' of a herd of about 300 Cape Buffalo heading towards me (it's alright Mu, they stopped when they saw the car).  Purely by chance as I took this photo a beautiful blue bird flew right in front of the camera (look closely just to the right of the tree).

No comments:

Post a Comment