Wednesday 27 July 2011

Any Camera Experts?

Sorry for the break in transmission but the same old excuses, it has been a combination of being very busy, no internet connection and my camera not working properly.  I started writing his on the 26th Jul, but as I type I am sitting in Tzaneen having breakfast and about to go camera shopping.  So despite the title I have given up on trying to fix my old camera and I am about to go shopping for a new one.  I also intend to buy another internet modem from a different network to see if that will give me better connectivity when I get back to the farm. Anyway just to show you what my camera is doing I have included a picture below.  Any suggestions?
Any suggesions on what might be causing this?  It seems to happen mainly in low light, so I suspect it has to do with shutter speed, but I can't seem to change or reset it?


We have a couple more staff starting with the Anti-Poaching unit in the near future so if they work out that should ease the pressure a bit.  I have no one to blame for the increased tempo as it is my doing, making sure that the team does its job properly.  Talk about turning a holiday into work!  At the moment we are working about 14 hours a day, but they guys are accepting it extremely well.
On the plus side, I have seen my first porcupine and spitting cobra, both were pretty cool! Unfortunately still no photos, which is annoying because I have had a number of excellent wildlife photo opportunities.  I bet it won’t happen again once I get my new camera.
Once again BA (bad attitude) Umfumu the elephant was out to get us last night!   He cunningly lured us up onto the new dam wall in the bakkie (ute) and then tried to cut us off before we could get away.  We managed to reverse out at high speed though.  However, to pay us back he pushed a small tree over the road (see below).
AJ realising that the panga is not going to work on this one!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm no expert, but I think you need a new one. 8)

    Tell us more about Tzaneen and the farm?

    Love,
    Ms. Dig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the camera advice! I was hoping for somehing a bit more in depth. Anyway I have now brought a new one.

    I will post more about Tzaneen and the arm later when I have some pictures.

    ReplyDelete