Friday 8 July 2011

Getting Over the Animals

27 Jun 11
Well I have now been here a week, but as I write this I still haven’t been able to get an internet connection.  I am writing this each day in a word document with the intention of posting it when I finally get a chance.  So by the time you read these entries some will probably be a few weeks old.  Hopefully you will still find it interesting?
Although I say I am getting over the animals, it is not really true!  Every day I am seeing new animals, which is a real buzz, however I am often not able to photograph them either because of my ancient camera, or they are so fleeting.  I didn’t want to get to repetitive initially so I am only posting a selection of photos so if you have any requests please put a comment on and ask for more!
Giraffe on the road.

The Game Drive vehicle with Barend driving it (what he does when not anti poaching - a very hard worker).

I had a mob of vervet monkeys who decided that the bush around my tent was a good place to play at dawn this morning.  Just what you want after coming back from an ambush at 0200 in the morning.  However, they were very interesting. 
The Rangers don’t get paid until – Sorry have to go fresh human spoor (tracks) have been discovered on the farm and we need to track him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment