Friday 8 July 2011

I Have the Big Five

26 Jun 11
Cape Buffalo.

What he really thought of having his photo taken.
Well I achieved the Big Five today, although in reality it should be the Big 4.5, as the leopard was a cub (kitten?) who had been rescued from outside the Sanctuary with a broken leg.  It is currently being kept in a small enclosure until the leg has properly healed.  I didn’t take any photos of the leopard because it was very scared and it is not a good look having a wild animal in a small enclosure.  The good news is that once he leg is healed the current plan is to release it back into the wild.
Just before last light during our fenceline patrol we came across a cape buffalo which completed the Big Five for me.  I am still seeing way more animals than I am able to take photos of.  I really need a better camera for wildlife photography.

I spent last night on rhino guard duty again, and without a doubt it was the coldest night so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment