Sunday 3 July 2011

The Long Bus Trip

20 Jun 11
I travelled up from Jo’burg to Phalaborwa by bus on 20 Jun which took about 8 hours, but it enabled me to get a feel for the country.  The landscape and vegetation are actually quite similar to Australia although obviously the plants are different species with the exception of around the towns and cities where Australian Gum trees are everywhere.  I was a bit surprised by the population density though.  It seemed to me that there are very poor townships all along the highway.  I guess I was expecting the settlement patterns to be bit more like the NT.
There was a bit of a mix up when I arrived however, as the person tasked to pick me up thought I was flying in and went to the airport.  All sorted out in the end though.

Bukisa (named after the local elephant) Camp lounge area.  We use itwhn there are no guests.


Bukisa Camp lounge building (it has been too cold to use the pool) and the warning sign (yes it is serious).


No comments:

Post a Comment